Level I/II Technical Support
Employment: Hourly - W2 - Full Time (30-40 hours)
Compensation: Starts at $20/hr. Will go up with experience and specific certifications.
Note: Please read through this job description and do not send a resume unless requested to do so. We will not look at unsolicited resumes.
Excellent opportunity for goal-oriented, independent, high-energy, knowledgeable IT Specialist with outstanding customer service skills.
We are looking for a top-notch field technician to join an established, nimble, fast moving firm. A comprehensive compensation plan includes financial support for professional certifications, mobile devices, and mileage reimbursement/fuel allowance.
This position offers the chance to be an integral part of the strategic growth of the company and is ideal for candidates seeking to be part of a small and responsive team in a work-hard, play-hard atmosphere.
Daily activities require an individual to be capable of handling both routine and complex troubleshooting activities: working in office, utilizing remote diagnostics, or jumping in the car to head to a client's site. This is a critical, front-line position that requires interaction with clients, and rotational on-call hours.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Upgrading, migrating, and installing Windows Server
- Desktop support - Microsoft Windows, some Apple
- Malware/Virus troubleshooting and resolution
- Running routine back-ups for network servers
- Installing and administering IPSEC and SSL based VPN networks combined with thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LANS, WANS and Routers
- Configuring, deploying, migrating and troubleshooting Windows Server, client PC, networking, printing, and related hardware and/or software issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Two- or four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- CompTIA A+ Certification or a Microsoft certificate plus experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two years' hands-on experience in a business environment
- Prior experience directly supporting customers on-site or remotely
- Must be in good standing with DMV and have valid driver's license
- Ability to commute to customers in own vehicle (mileage reimbursement/fuel allowance)
- Pass a 7-year felony/misdemeanor background check and drug test
- Ideally the candidate will also have hands-on experience with hosted services such as Exchange and Office 365
- Experience with ConnectWise or another PSA very desirable
- Experience with remote monitoring and management services
- Good communication skills - with people and with writing service notes
Technology certifications are a PLUS, Microsoft or other.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach, lift, balance, push and pull as required for an IT position.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs/ frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 100 lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to drive to client locations.
For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity to grow in this company. We are in a growth mode. That means it's a fast-paced environment and opportunities will grow as the company does.
Special Notes :
We place a strong emphasis on Top Quality, Experience, and Customer Service.
- Do not send a resume until requested to do so. We will not look at unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this position, send the following to Jobs@CrestviewIT.com:
- 1-2 paragraph description of why you are passionate about technical consulting
- We will send a technology self-assessment to people who stand out. Some of these people will be asked to submit resumes.
We are looking for a long-term employee who will grow with the company as we evolve into offering some new and very cool technologies. If you want to work on known technology and just collect a paycheck, you won't fit in here.
This position is in Connecticut. Please only apply if you are in the Connecticut area or plan to move to the area.
We are looking for someone who is willing to learn *our* way of providing top-quality customer support. You will learn great trouble-shooting skills and be exposed to a wide variety of network setup and internet operations.